Posted July 29, 2020 in News
Our Penguini’s Restaurant is participating in the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme!
This means that those visitors who choose to eat-in at our Penguini’s Restaurant will benefit from a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, on food and non-alcoholic drinks, any Monday to Wednesday in August 2020.
This amazing saving will be offered alongside other deals and promotions we offer, including Zoo Passholder discount, so visitors can enjoy extra benefits when they dine or drink at Penguini’s.
All food that is available here at Colchester Zoo is freshly prepared on site by staff who will be in relevant PPE with their health checked daily so you can trust the food that you consume on a day out with us.
Penguini’s Restaurant offers a variety of food options to fuel your adventure here at Colchester Zoo. Our breakfast menu is available until 11.30am when you can enjoy a bacon, sausage or egg sandwich, a cheese and bacon turnover or a warm croissant from as little as 79p once the amazing discounts available have been applied!
After 11.30am, if you fancy something hot, you can indulge in one of our freshly made pizzas, chunky chips, jacket potato or sausage rolls! Alternatively, we also offer Kids’ Lunch Boxes, homemade sandwiches, salads, delicious cakes and a variety of hot and cold drinks.
On a Monday – Wednesday in August, our adult meal deal of a large pizza and a cold drink will cost just over £5.00 (saving over £6.00) with the Eat Out to Help Out offer!
Terms and conditions
- Offer valid Monday to Wednesday only between the 3rd – 31st August 2020 at Penguini’s Restaurant ONLY.
- 50% discount applies up to a maximum of £10 per person
- Offer valid for food or non-alcoholic drinks purchased to eat or drink in at Penguini’s Restaurant only. To qualify visitors must consume products within Penguini’s Restaurant or terrace area by Penguini’s.
- Please advise the cashier how many are dining within your party so the discount can be applied appropriately.
- The Eat Out to Help Out offer is valid in conjunction with other offers.
- There is no limit to the number of times the offer can be used and no voucher is required to qualify.
- Discount is not given to any of those within a party who are not eating or drinking.
- Alcoholic drinks are excluded from the offer therefore required to be purchased in a separate transaction to qualifying products.
The challenges that we have faced here at Colchester Zoo as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic have been no secret. One of the many challenges we continue to face is that we can only welcome a certain number of visitors into the park to be able to adhere to social distancing measures, this is around 30% of our usual attendance.
Due to this we have a lower income and less visitors in the park to spend money in our catering and retail outlets resulting in a much-reduced secondary spend. The zoo relies on all revenue from these sales to be able to continue looking after the animals in our care and the important conservation work which we support.
We are therefore willing to accept any help and support which we can to be able to help towards the zoo’s survival. We are pleased to have been able to join our Penguini’s Restaurant to the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme which the Government have set up to encourage spending in eating facilities to boost the economy. We hope that this will encourage our visitors to eat at the zoo too and increase the secondary spend which is vital towards helping the zoo to continue.