Colchester Zoo Vacancies
Thank you for your interest in working at Colchester Zoo.
Please find below details of any current vacancies. We update this page regularly so if no vacancies are listed below we would recommend checking back again soon.
We would welcome your application, find out how to apply below:
How to apply:
- Download and complete the electronic Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form. Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed, do not enter ‘Refer to CV’. If you would prefer to complete a printable version of the Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form please click here.
- Send your completed application form and CV via email, or in hard copy to the contact details next to the post you are applying for.
Please be aware that we will only process applications that include a completed application form and CV.
We do have a lot of interest in our vacancies, if you have not heard from us after four weeks since submitting your application you should assume you have not been successful on the occasion.
Job Title: Seasonal Play Area staff
Colchester Zoo are looking for staff to join their team in the Play Area initially on a seasonal basis through the Christmas period, to assist with the supervision of the soft play area, Jungle Tumble; face painting; manning the Sand Shop and Jungle Tumble Kiosk.
Ideal applicants must be prepared to dress up in mascot costumes, and fancy dress for special events at Christmas.
Hours are varied but applicants must be available to work at weekends and during the school holidays
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2018
Job Title: Catering assistants
Colchester Zoo have vacancies for both full time and part time staff available to work weekends and school holidays to work in the various catering outlets around the zoo, from Patisserie with table service, to food preparation in Penguinis and the Sandwich shop.
Duties will include serving customers; food preparation; clearing tables; washing up; restocking shelves; ensuring very high standard of food hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times together with high levels of customer satisfaction.
The successful applicants, must be flexible, be able to work both Saturdays and Sundays on a rota basis; as well as public holidays and school holidays.
These positions are available for immediate start.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 10th October 2018
Job Title: Guest Services Advisor
A 1-2 day position has become available in our Guest Services Team. The successful applicant will be required to be flexible to work some weekend days and bank holidays, as well as additional days and early starts and evening work for special events and during schools holidays throughout the year.
- Working across multiple offices assisting customers with the purchasing of Zoo Passes, Animal Experiences, Adoption packages and Birthday Parties.
- Daily duties will include answering customer enquiries in a face to face environment, over the telephone or via email, department administration duties, co-ordinating First Aid and Lost Children incidents according to zoo policy.
- The successful applicant should be computer literate as a number of different systems are used within the department. Full training on all office systems will be given.
- Previous Customer Service experience is advantageous.
- The successful applicant should have the ability to remain calm in pressured situations and maintain excellent people skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and communicate effectively with other zoo staff and management.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks at any one time and prioritising workloads.
Please send your CV, covering letter and Colchester Zoo Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10th October 2018
Job Title: Cleaner
Colchester Zoo are looking for someone to join our team as a Cleaner. Duties will include cleaning the Entrance Foyer, Guest Service Office; and Main Office. Successful applicant may also be required to assist the grounds team in peak periods to clean the public toilet areas around the park.
This position is available on either a full or part time basis, working on a 7 day rota, so will include working weekends and public holidays.
To apply, please complete the online application form, and send along with your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 19th October 2018
Job Title: Labourer
The Construction Team at Colchester Zoo are looking for someone to join them as a labourer to assist with the maintenance of existing structures and the construction of new exhibits and structures around the park.
Successful applicants must be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers on some very uneven terrain. Previous experience in the building trade would be beneficial but is not essential.
This position is based on 5 days per week working Monday to Friday.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th October 2018
Work Based Learning Placements
- Currently studying animal science courses at College or University.
- These placements are unpaid.
For further details for 2018 placements see the work based learning placement page of our website.