Job Title: Full Time Plumber
Colchester Zoo have a vacancy for a full time Plumber/Heating Engineer to join our maintenance team. The ideal applicant must be highly organised and motivated, able to work on their own or as part of a team. At times this position will be very demanding, working under pressure.
- Install; service and maintain various filtration systems; bio mass boilers; oil fired boiler systems
- To carry out routine plumbing maintenance, repair and installation of; sanitary, drainage, heating appliances and hot and cold water services in commercial premises; animal enclosures and some domestic properties owned by the Zoo.
- Proven knowledge of bio mass heating systems
- Gas Safe/OFTEC registered desired but not essential
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices
- Plumbing & Heating NVQ Level 3 with 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Full/clean driving licence
The position is full time, working 5 days per week, Monday – Friday, with availability to be on call at weekends and bank holidays on a rotation basis.
How to apply:
Download and complete the electronic Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form. Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed, do not enter ‘Refer to CV’. If you would prefer to complete a printable version of the Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form please click here
Please be aware that we will only process applications that include a completed application form and CV.
We do have a lot of interest in our vacancies, if you have not heard from us after four weeks of submitting your application you should assume you have not been successful on the occasion.
Please send your CV, covering letter and Colchester Zoo Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org