Job Title: Full time Electrician
Colchester Zoo have a vacancy for a full time Electrician to join our maintenance team.
The ideal applicant must be highly organised, and able to work under pressure, working both indoors and out.
- Install service and maintain appropriate systems and appliances in commercial premises and animal enclosures as well as carry out programmed maintenance and servicing.
- Conduct relevant, testing, safety inspection reports, electrical certification, fault finding and remedial works.
- Provide accurate daily working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in a consistent manner to comply with regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with company procedures and policies, Health and Safety, control of hazardous materials, in line with COSHH regulations and PPE.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 415v.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
- ECS/JiB – Graded Electrician
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 400v.
- Full/clean driving licence
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level 3) with 2 – 3 year experience in a similar role
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671.
The position is full time, working 5 days per week, Monday – Friday, with availability to be on call at weekends and bank holidays on a rotation basis.
How to apply:
Download and complete the electronic Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form. Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed, do not enter ‘Refer to CV’. If you would prefer to complete a printable version of the Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form please click here
Please be aware that we will only process applications that include a completed application form and CV.
We do have a lot of interest in our vacancies, if you have not heard from us after four weeks of submitting your application you should assume you have not been successful on the occasion.
Please send your CV, covering letter and Colchester Zoo Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org