Enjoy a tropical journey through this exotic aviary of lorikeets, with the chance to get up close with these birds whilst feeding them a pot of golden nectar*.
Open daily from 10.30am, please check closing times on the day of your visit.
Please note the following points before visiting the Australian Rainbows exhibit at Colchester Zoo:
We are pleased to provide this interactive exhibit for visitors. In order for it to be enjoyed safely there a few do’s and don’ts that must be considered.
- Take pictures
- Put your arm out and let the birds rest on you
- Recycle your nectar pot in the bins supplied
- Consume the nectar – this contains the allergen MILK
- Take food or drink into the exhibit
- Take pushchairs into the exhibit
- Touch or grab the birds.
*A small charge applies if you wish to feed the birds.
Feeding times may vary as the lorikeets are given a quota of nectar each day therefore we cannot guarantee times of when they will be feeding.
The birds in this enclosure are FREE-FLYING – Please be vigilant when visiting with young children as these birds can scratch or peck.