Terms & Conditions
We hope that you have a magical time at our Enchanted Trail of Light event. There are just a few terms & conditions you need to be aware of before your visit.
There are 7 dates available for the Enchanted Trail of Light:
Saturday 3rd December 2022
Wednesday 7th December 2022
Saturday 10th December 2022
Wednesday 14th December 2022
Saturday 17th December 2022
Wednesday 21st December 2022
Friday 23rd December 2022
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets are valid for the event date and time selected upon booking and cannot be changed.
- Tickets are not required for under 3’s therefore do not need to be included in your online booking.
- You must arrive within your allocated time slot otherwise entry may not be granted.
- The Zoo is closed during the event, the Enchanted Trail is a designated route and must be kept to at all times.
- You are only admitted to participate in the route once per event.
- Flashing lights are used within the event trail so may not be suitable for everyone.
- Santa Experience is not included within this event.
- During the event our standard entry t&cs also apply.
- All terms & conditions are subject to change without notice.
Further terms and conditions are detailed below;
From 4.30pm Colchester Zoo will close and day guests will leave the zoo. The Enchanted Trail of Light event will open at 5.30pm, for guests with an allocated time slot. All those wishing to take part will be required to pre-book their entry to this event online in advance, entry to our evening events cannot be purchased on the day.
Time slots for these events are available to book every 15 minutes from 5.30pm, the final entry slot may vary each evening depending on demand.
Under 16yrs must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 16 yrs at all times whilst in the park. Unaccompanied persons under 16 yrs will not be admitted.
Please note that Tesco Partner Reward Codes, Zoo Passes, complimentary tickets, vouchers, or any other discounts are NOT valid for admission to the Enchanted Trail of Light event. An admission ticket for this event will need to be purchased for each person who wishes to participate.
Admission to this event cannot be used to upgrade to a Zoo Pass. Our Guest Services office will be closed during this event.
Once you have entered the Enchanted Trail of Light event there will be no re-entry facility.
Admission to this event is non-refundable.
During the Enchanted event
The Enchanted Trail of Light consists of a marked route which you will be asked to follow, this is one way and you are not able to turn back. If you would like to see the animals of Colchester Zoo this is not the event for you and instead, we recommend joining us during the day.
Throughout the trail there will be music, some flashing lights and special effects that may not be suitable for some people.
Colchester Zoo’s car park is free of charge and staff will be on hand to direct you. Please be aware that due to the number of visitors for these events queuing may be necessary on arrival and on leaving the park so please do factor this in to arrive on time for your slot.
Colchester Zoo promotes a no-smoking policy. Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited within the zoo grounds. Please only use our designated smoking area located outside of the zoo’s main entrance.
Colchester Zoo management reserves the right to close all or any part of the event as necessary without prior notice.
All terms and conditions, activities, dates and times are subject to change without notice.