Terms & Conditions
We hope that you have a magical time at our Enchanted Trail of Light event. There are just a few terms & conditions you need to be aware of before your visit.
There are 9 dates available for the Enchanted Trail of Light:
Saturday 2nd December 2023
Wednesday 6th December 2023
Friday 8th December 2023
Saturday 9th December 2023
Wednesday 13th December 2023
Friday 15th December 2023
Saturday 16th December 2023
Wednesday 20th December 2023
Friday 22nd December 2023
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets are valid for the event date and time selected upon booking and cannot be changed.
- Tickets are not required for under 3’s therefore do not need to be included in your online booking.
- You must arrive within your allocated time slot otherwise entry may not be granted.
- The Zoo is closed during the event, the Enchanted Trail is a designated route and must be kept to at all times.
- You are only admitted to participate in the route once per event.
- Flashing lights are used within the event trail so may not be suitable for everyone.
- Santa Experience is not included within this event.
- During the event our standard entry t&cs also apply.
- All terms & conditions are subject to change without notice.
Further terms and conditions are detailed below;
From 4.00pm on weekdays and 4:30pm on weekends and school holidays, Colchester Zoo will close and day guests will leave the zoo. The Enchanted Trail of Light event will open at 4.30pm on weekdays and 5:00pm on weekends and school holidays, for guests with an allocated time slot. All those wishing to take part will be required to pre-book their entry to this event online in advance, entry to our evening events cannot be purchased on the day.
Time slots for these events are available to book every 15 minutes, the final entry slot may vary each evening depending on demand.
Under 16yrs must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 16yrs at all times whilst in the park. Unaccompanied persons under 16 yrs will not be admitted.
Please note that Tesco Partner Reward Codes, Zoo Passes, complimentary tickets, vouchers, or any other discounts are NOT valid for admission to the Enchanted Trail of Light event. An admission ticket for this event will need to be purchased for each person who wishes to participate.
Admission to this event cannot be used to upgrade to a Zoo Pass. Our Guest Services office will be closed during this event.
Once you have entered the Enchanted Trail of Light event there will be no re-entry facility.
Admission to this event is non-refundable.
- Food and Drink voucher can be exchanged for food or drink in our catering outlets.
- Food and Drink voucher must be presented at the time of purchase. Screen shots of the voucher will not be accepted.
- Food and Drink voucher is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other product.
- Food and Drink voucher can be used towards the purchase of goods at a higher price than its face value, upon payment of the difference.
- Food and Drink voucher can be used multiple times until the full balance has been redeemed. Any unused balance cannot be returned or refunded.
- The cash value of the voucher is £0.000001p.
- Colchester Zoo is under no liability to replace or refund vouchers that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whether they have been redeemed of not.
- Food and Drink voucher is redeemable only at Colchester Zoo and cannot be used online.
- Food and Drink voucher cannot be redeemed against My Moments products.
- Food and Drink voucher is only valid on the chosen date of entry into Enchanted Trail of Light and cannot be used on any other date.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to refuse monetary gift vouchers for various products without prior notice.
During the Enchanted event
The Enchanted Trail of Light consists of a marked route which you will be asked to follow, this is one way and you are not able to turn back. If you would like to see the animals of Colchester Zoo this is not the event for you and instead, we recommend joining us during the day.
Throughout the trail there will be music, some flashing lights and special effects that may not be suitable for some people.
Colchester Zoo’s car park is free of charge and staff will be on hand to direct you. Please be aware that due to the number of visitors for these events queuing may be necessary on arrival and on leaving the park so please do factor this in to arrive on time for your slot.
Colchester Zoo promotes a no-smoking policy. Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited within the zoo grounds. Please only use our designated smoking area located outside of the zoo’s main entrance.
Colchester Zoo management reserves the right to close all or any part of the event as necessary without prior notice.
All terms and conditions, activities, dates and times are subject to change without notice.