Start Date19th May 2019 End Date19th May 2019
On May 19th 2019 you will have the unique chance to run the Colchester Stampede 10k at Colchester Zoo!
Last year, Colchester Zoo held its very first Stampede race of 10k and a half marathon and, following this successful event, RunThrough are now launching it for 2019!
The event, which supports the Zoo’s charity, Action for the Wild, will run through the Zoo for 1k, before heading out onto local closed roads, before finishing back at the Zoo.
Those taking part will also receive FREE entry to Colchester Zoo after the race, with an exclusive friends & family discount code available for the supporters of those taking part when booking Colchester Zoo E-tickets.
If you are a runner taking part in the event why not treat yourself to a post run snack! Enjoy 20% off in all of our catering outlets when you show your medal!* Breakfast will also be available in Penguini’s Restaurant until 12.00pm!
*Terms and conditions apply
– Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
– Discount not available in ‘The Sweet Shop’ or at ‘The Patisserie’
– Discount only available for up to 4 people in one transaction
– Medal has to be shown to receive offer
Please note that some areas of the zoo maybe closed for a period of time.
As part of the race, the runners will be running some of the course through the zoo, with the start line being between Kingdom of the Wild and Elephant Kingdom and continue for a short distance around the lower area of the zoo before heading out on to local roads, they will then return running through the lower end of the zoo to cross the finish line!
Although the zoo will be open as usual for visitors from 9.30am, some areas of the zoo will be cordoned off throughout the morning as the race takes place. We aim for the zoo to be fully accessible and open to visitors from 11.30am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation.
Areas that will be closed during the morning will include;
– The path leading down to tigers will be closed from Dragons of Komodo
– The walkway leading to ‘Sensation Station’ and ‘Familiar Friends’ will not be available from the point of ‘Koi Niwa’
– The bottom of our ‘Waterhole’ catering outlet and the path which runs past the aardvarks and around the lake
– The Lost Madacasar Express Road Train will also be closed on the day of the race until midday.
– Catering outlets next to Tiger Taiga will also be closed until midday.
Visitors will be able to support the runners at a limited number of points in the zoo so do look out for them and cheer them on as they pass!