Start Date15th Jul 2023 End Date15th Jul 2023
*SOLD OUT* – Due to popular demand this event is now fully booked
A Toast to Wildlife
Saturday 15th July, 6.30pm – 9.00pm
As part of our 60th celebrations we have decided to reignite an old flame of our previously popular exclusive evening event.
For one night only, we have put together an evening which is limited to just 60 guests for an intimate celebratory event.
Once the Zoo is closed, we will welcome our guests into the park for an exclusive group tour with one of our Experience Hosts for some up-close encounters – including the chance to feed and meet our giraffes and lemurs!
During the evening, Colchester Zoo’s Conservation Education Manager, Andy Moore, will update all with the latest at the Zoo and talk about how we are commemorating our 60th anniversary. This will then be followed by a talk from Zoo Director, Rebecca Moore, who will discuss Colchester Zoo’s conservation achievements both in the park, via our charity Action for the Wild and on UmPhafa, our Private Nature Reserve in South Africa.
PLUS, the evening will conclude with exciting announcements as we share with you our future vision for Colchester Zoo and introduce you to Colchester Zoological Society!
You will then receive a souvenir gift to remember this exclusive evening and commemorate Colchester Zoo’s 60th anniversary.
Keeping in the theme of the 60th anniversary, this event costs just £60.00 per person and with only 60 places available these tickets are due to sell out quickly!
Tickets will be available to book from Monday 24th April 2023 and closes on 30th June. Please note that guests will be split into groups for the tour, therefore we recommend if you are planning to attend the event as part of a group, that you book together. We will try to keep guests attending together in the same group but this is not guaranteed.
We hope that we can welcome you along to celebrate our past, present and future!
6.30pm – Arrival and welcome drinks on terrace
7.00pm – Exclusive Group Tours
8.30pm – Drinks and canape refreshments on terrace
8.45pm – 60th Anniversary presentations by Conservation Education Manager, Andy Moore and Zoo Director, Rebecca Moore
9.00pm – Event farewell
NB. Event programme and timings are approximate and may be subject to change without notice.
Event terms and conditions
- Event takes place on Saturday 15th July from 6.30pm – 9.00pm. Admission to Colchester Zoo prior to the event is not included within the price of the event.
- Booking opens on Monday 24th April and closes on Friday 30th June.
- Booking available online only.
- Please note that this event is for persons 16yrs and over. Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Due to an offer of alcohol during the evening, photo ID for age verification may be requested so please have this available with you.
- Please note that guests will be split into groups for the tour, therefore we recommend if you are planning to attend the event as part of a group, that you book together. We will try to keep guests attending together in the same group but this is not guaranteed.
- Dietary requirements must be advised of at the time of booking. Colchester Zoo cannot be held accountable for any allergens that we are not informed about prior to the event.
- Any accessibility requirements must be advised of at time of booking. If an assistant is required, they will be admitted to the event but will not qualify for the gift, unless they are attending the event as a paid guest.
- Bookings must be made in advance and full payment is required upon booking.
- Any alterations to your booking will incur an admin fee. Alterations are subject to consent by Colchester Zoo and cannot be made after 30th June.
- Tickets for this event are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
- Toast to Wildlife tickets cannot be used towards an upgrade to a Zoo Pass.
- Event programme, timings and specific species included within the tour are a guide and may be subject to change without notice.
- The Zoo will be closed during the event therefore you will be limited to access to certain areas of the park included within the event. Catering facilities and secondary attractions will be closed during the event.
- Tesco Vouchers and Colchester Zoo Monetary Gift Vouchers cannot be used as payment towards this event.
- Passholder discount is not valid for this event.
- Colchester Zoo mobility scooters, strollers and wheelchair hire will be unavailable to hire for this event.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the event at any time if necessary.