Start Date4th Oct 2020 End Date4th Oct 2020
On 4th October 2020 you will have the unique chance to run the Colchester Stampede Half Marathon at Colchester Zoo!
Following another year of successful events, RunThroughUK are now working with us once again to launch the race for 2020!
The event, which supports the Zoo’s charity, Action for the Wild, will run through the Zoo for 1k, before heading out onto local closed roads, before finishing back at the Zoo.
Those taking part will also receive FREE entry to Colchester Zoo after the race, with an exclusive friends & family discount code available for the supporters of those taking part.
Visitors will be able to support the runners at a limited number of points in the zoo so do look out for them and cheer them on as they pass!
Although the zoo will be open as usual for visitors from 9.30am, some areas of the zoo will be cordoned off throughout the morning as the race takes place. We aim for the zoo to be fully accessible and open to visitors from 11.30am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation.
Closed areas during the morning will include (but are not limited to);
– The path leading down to tigers will be closed from Dragons of Komodo
– The walkway leading to ‘Sensation Station’ and ‘Familiar Friends’ will not be available from the point of ‘Koi Niwa’
– The bottom of our ‘Waterhole’ catering outlet and the path which runs past the aardvarks and around the lake
– The Lost Madacasar Express Road Train will also be closed on the day of the race until midday.
– Catering outlets next to Tiger Taiga will also be closed until midday.