Birthday Party Ts and Cs
- All parties are charged a minimum flat rate depending on the party type.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Passholders receive a 10% discount off the party and off additional children attending the party. Both the adult host and the birthday child/children must have valid Zoo Passes at the time of booking and for the date of the birthday party to qualify.
- Birthday parties include 2 free adult entries for 10 – 15 children or 3 free adult entries for 20+ children.
- For the Jungle Tumble Party that does not include zoo entry, each participating child will receive 1 free adult entry and 2 free adult entries for the birthday child/children.
- Additional children can be added for an additional cost. This can be done at the time of the booking or at least 10 days prior to the party.
- Additional party children cannot be added on the day. (Please note maximum numbers are applicable).
- Additional adults or children, not participating in the party, can be added at the group rate. These can be added at the time of booking or at least 10 days prior to the party. These group tickets are non-refundable. Anyone arriving on the day will be charged full standard admission rate.
- We can only accommodate two birthday children on joint parties.
- There is limited availability for parties and they may not be available on bank holidays or during special events.
- Sandwich choices for participating children must be emailed to the Experiences Reception at least 10 days prior to the party date stating booking reference number, date of party and each child’s name, sandwich choice and any intolerances. (It is the host’s responsibility to inform Colchester Zoo of any food allergies of the children attending the party)
- Lunch boxes are pre-packed and cannot be altered.
Changes & Cancellations
- Birthday Parties are non-refundable unless due to exceptional circumstances including illness/injury, bereavement or jury service. This is at Colchester Zoo’s discretion. If a refund is agreed a £20.00 fee (inc. VAT) will be charged. Refunds can only be made to the purchaser.
- Once the Birthday Party has been booked it can only be rescheduled up to 8 weeks before the original date and for any alterations made, a £20.00 fee (inc. VAT) will be charged.
On the day
- Your entry tickets will be left at the Ark Gift Shop for collection on the day of the party.
- We strongly advise that you arrange to meet in the entrance foyer at a set time to distribute your entry tickets.
- All those entering the zoo must have a valid entry ticket and passholders will also need to bring along their Zoo Passes.
- Parents/guardians are fully responsible for the supervision of the children in their party who must not be left unattended at any time.
- Party groups must stay together with their host at all times during the 2hour hosted party.
- We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing additional decorations and games.
- Food for adults is not included in the party packages.
- Presents cannot be exchanged or refunded for monetary value.
- For Jungle Tumble parties socks must be worn at all times in the soft play complex.
- For Jungle Tumble parties you will be issued with a notice for all cars parked. Please ensure that you have distributed these in advance.
- Entry to the Santa Experience during the Magic of Christmas events is NOT included in the party packages. Santa Experience Tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of the party.
- All Birthday Parties are subject to change if circumstances dictate.
- The data you supply will only be used for the purposes intended and not passed to any third parties.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification.