NEW: Exclusive Elephant or Giraffe Feeding Experience
Available until 1st November 2020
Bookings for visits after this date will be available soon.
Colchester Zoo takes pride in offering interactive and educational experiences for visitors. Unfortunately, during the initial stages of re-opening we are unable to offer our usual animal talks and public feeds to avoid over-crowding and to manage social distancing within the park.
Two of our most popular activities for our visitors has always been the opportunity to hand feed our giraffes and elephants at free public feed encounters during the day. We appreciate your understanding as to why these cannot proceed at the current time and know that visitors are therefore not receiving the full Colchester Zoo experience.
It isn’t just our visitors that are missing this opportunity, our elephants and giraffes are too as they enjoy this ‘routine’. During closure our keepers continued this ‘routine’ to a certain degree but now you are back we would like to offer you the opportunity to feed the giraffes and elephants during a short private experience whilst also supporting the Zoo’s Operating Fund!
N.B The £20.00 donation is per group not per person, up to 5 people may attend as 1 group.
A number of other groups may also be taking part in this experience at the same time, staff and safety measures will be in place to help with social distancing.
Giraffe Feeding – 12.15pm & 2.15pm
Elephant Feeding – 12.30pm & 2.30pm
We kindly ask that you avoid booking consecutive feeds due to the time available between each experience.
After you have booked your day tickets you can book an Exclusive Animal Feed Experience online here. All Exclusive Animal Feeding Experiences must be pre-booked online at least 30 minutes in advance of your visit.
These experiences have limited capacity to ensure social distancing therefore we advise you to book as far in advance of your visit as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that an Exclusive Animal Feeding Experience does not admit you entry into the zoo. You MUST pre-book your day tickets prior to booking your Exclusive Animal Feeding Experience.
On arrival at the zoo please have your entry tickets ready and enter the park as early as possible within the allocated time slot for your arrival.
Please arrive at the meeting point by Kingdom of the Wild or Elephant Kingdom as detailed on your confirmation booking at least 10 minutes prior to the start time of your experience.
One of our Animal Care Team will then meet you at the specified time and collect your tickets. Please note that without your printed tickets you will not be able to participate in the experience.
Terms and conditions
- This experience is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to a different date.
- An Animal Feeding Experience does not admit entry into Colchester Zoo. Day tickets must be pre-booked in advance of booking the experience.
- A number of other groups may also be taking part in this experience at the same time, staff and safety measures will be in place to help with social distancing.
- Due to time constraints you will NOT be able to take part in the giraffe feed and elephant within the same 15 minute window – Please do not book consecutive time slots.
- Day tickets must be pre-booked prior to booking this experience.
- A printed ticket must be presented to the Animal Care Team to be able to participate in the experience.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to withdraw this experience at any time without prior notice.