Elephant or Giraffe Feeding Experience
Get closer to our gentle giants and have the opportunity to hand feed either our towering giraffes or enormous elephants! Each experience caters for a smaller number of people per feed to give a more exclusive feel, whilst also supporting the Zoo’s Operating Fund!
Please note: Due to recent changes to Zoo protocols and procedures, from 15th September 2022 we will no longer be offering the Elephant Feed Experience. Those who have booked an Elephant Feed Experience to take place after 15th September 2022 will be contacted and offered a Giraffe Feed Experience as an alternative.
N.B The £20.00 donation is per group not per person, up to 5 people may attend as 1 group.
A number of other groups may also be taking part in this experience at the same time.
Giraffe Feeding – 12.15pm, 2.15pm
Elephant Feeding – 12.30pm, 2.30pm
We kindly ask that you avoid booking consecutive feeds due to the time available between each experience.
You must have Colchester Zoo entry tickets (or a valid Zoo Pass) to take part in an Animal Feeding Experience. You can buy your zoo entry ticket online in advance of your visit or purchase them on the day of your visit at the main entrance. All those participating in the Animal Feeding Experience must have zoo entry to take part in the experience.
You can book an Animal Feed Experience online. All Exclusive Animal Feeding Experiences must be pre-booked online at least 30 minutes in advance of your visit.
Use the yellow ‘BOOK NOW’ button at the top of this page to book online.
These experiences have limited capacity therefore we advise you to book as far in advance of your visit as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that an Exclusive Animal Feeding Experience does not admit you entry into the zoo. You MUST pre-book your day tickets prior to booking your Exclusive Animal Feeding Experience.
On arrival at the zoo please have your entry tickets ready (or valid Zoo Pass) and enter the park as early as possible within the allocated time slot for your arrival.
Please arrive at the meeting point by Kingdom of the Wild or Elephant Kingdom as detailed on your confirmation booking at least 10 minutes prior to the start time of your experience.
One of our Animal Care Team will then meet you at the specified time and check your tickets.
Terms and conditions
- This experience is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to a different date.
- An Animal Feeding Experience does not admit entry into Colchester Zoo. Day tickets must be pre-booked in advance of booking the experience.
- A number of other groups may also be taking part in this experience at the same time.
- Due to time constraints you will NOT be able to take part in the giraffe feed and elephant within the same 15 minute window – Please do not book consecutive time slots.
- A printed ticket must be presented to the Animal Care Team to be able to participate in the experience.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to withdraw this experience at any time without prior notice.