JOB TITLE: ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Temporary/Seasonal)
Colchester Zoo are offering an exciting opportunity to expand the team in our Entrance Department responsible for our Admissions, Guest Services and Experiences Team.
As our visitors’ first port of call when entering the Zoo, the team welcomes our visitors’ into our Admission Hall, operating our ticketing office and assisting with queue management. The team also process our School / Group visits and the various animal experience products on offer, as well as selling our Zoo passes, PLUS any general enquiries our visitors may have. (Ticket Office reopening is subject to Covid restrictions)
PLEASE NOTE: Successful Candidates will initially learn our Admission processes, potentially expanding further to support our Guest Services and Experiences roles. (Additional supporting roles are not guaranteed)
- Temporary/ Seasonal Full Time: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, including Weekends & school holidays)
- Temporary Seasonal Part Time: 1 – 3 days a week (Monday- Friday, including Weekends & school holidays)
Temporary Seasonal Contract ending on 31st October subject to extension.
All applicants will be subject to the completion of a successful 3 month probationary review.
All successful applicants must be available to attend a company Induction prior to starting at Colchester Zoo.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Admissions@colchesterzoo.org marking your e-mail very clearly with either: TEMPORARY FULL TIME or TEMPORARY PART TIME ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30th June 2021
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Maintain outstanding presentation conditions.
- Ascertain customer’s requirements.
- Welcome and greet customers.
- Manage point-of-sale processes.
- Keep up to date with product information.
- Follow and actively promote company mission statement.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Availability to work Monday to Friday and weekends.
- Availability to work during seasonal holiday periods, Bank holidays and all school holidays.
- Availability to work seasonal zoo events that include Late Night closings of 9.30pm is essential.
- Proven working experience in a customer service role is not essential but preferred.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service focus.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality.
How to apply:
– Download and complete the electronic Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form. Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed, do not enter ‘Refer to CV’. If you would prefer to complete a printable version of the Colchester Zoo Employment Application Form please click here
Please be aware that we will only process applications that include a completed application form and CV.
We do have a lot of interest in our vacancies, if you have not heard from us after four weeks of submitting your application you should assume you have not been successful on the occasion.