Please read the following terms and conditions which apply to all Zoo Passes:
Zoo Pass Usage
• A valid Zoo Pass must be physically shown in order to enter Colchester Zoo or admission will be charged, which is non-refundable. Photocopies or photos of cards will not be accepted for entry.
• Any Zoo Pass found to be used fraudulently, will be confiscated.
• Any lost, defaced or spoiled passes must be replaced.
• Lost Zoo Passes or replacement Zoo Passes are charged a non-refundable fee per pass to cover additional administration and costs of processing a replacement. Previous Zoo Passes will become void.
• Those who have forgotten their Zoo Passes will be charged a non-refundable, reduced entry fee per forgotten pass, as a gesture of goodwill. This can only be done once. If forgotten a second-time, full admission will be charged for admittance.
•Those who have forgotten their pass and have entered on a reduced entry fee, forfeit their benefits for that visit.
• Zoo passes cannot be cancelled, transferred or any outstanding validity refunded.
• A Zoo Pass is valid for as many visits as required from date of processing for one year with a Gold Pass during normal opening hours and subject to the standard terms and conditions of entry.
• Colchester Zoo Passes are issued to an individual and are only valid when they contain a photograph of the holder.
• Child Pass holders must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst on the premises. Children under the age of 16yrs will not be admitted entry without a responsible adult/guardian aged 16yrs or over.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to contact an adult or guardian to collect under 16s who are unsupervised.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to request proof of age to ensure the correct pass type is purchased.
• The fast track facility is available to valid Zoo Pass holders and is only open at Colchester Zoo’s discretion.
• Family and friends cannot be fast tracked or allowed free admission with Zoo Pass holders and must queue to pay for admission or purchase E-tickets in advance of their visit.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry to a Zoo Pass holder, even if the Zoo Pass is valid.
• Colchester Zoo operates a zero-tolerance policy with physical or verbal threats towards its staff or physical damage to its facilities and property. Any Zoo Pass holders behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or told to leave, the park immediately.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to close all or part of the Zoo as necessary without prior notice.
• Displays or rides can be temporarily withdrawn without notice due to animal sickness or other unforeseen circumstances.
• We reserve the right to limit access to popular events within the Zoo to just one visit.
Zoo passes for visitors with disability and their personal assistant
• Visitors with disability who have purchased a Zoo Pass are permitted to bring one personal assistant to enter with them free of charge during a visit. If a guest with disability has a need for more assistance, this should be discussed at the time of purchasing a pass where verfication of need can be confirmed.
• Personal assistants are admitted to support the guest named on the Zoo Pass with their visit. A personal assistant may not use a guest with disabilities pass without the guest being present.
• On arrival, Passholders are able to access the Zoo via the Fast Track facilities if operational. To ensure we are able to monitor the use of the free assistant entries, personal assistants will be issued with a ticket at the Fast Track entry point when requested and when verification of disability is shown.
Zoo Pass Exclusions
• Colchester Zoo will charge a supplement to Pass holders for entry to secondary attractions included within special events such as, but not limited to, Fright Nights and The Magic of Christmas. This supplement will be advertised on event information.
• Zoo Pass holders are subject to additional charges for special events as specified by Colchester Zoo.
• As Colchester Zoo is closed on Christmas Day access will not be granted to Zoo Pass holders.
• Entry to secondary attractions during Shriek Week are free of charge; however, a supplement will be charged for secondary attractions during Fright Night events which commence from 17:00 on selected days of Shriek Week.
• Fright Night Wristband will be available at a reduced cost to valid Zoo Pass holders
Magic of Christmas
• Entrance to Colchester Zoo on a Magic of Christmas day is included within your Zoo Pass.
• Child Zoo Pass holders will be required to have a Santa Experience Ticket to journey through the Santa Experience and meet Father Christmas.
• Any children without a Santa Experience Ticket will not be granted entry through the Santa Experience.
Access to other named zoos
• Use of Colchester Zoo Passes at other named zoos is restricted to free admission only. Participating zoos are Belfast, Bristol (excluding Wild Place Project), Dublin, Edinburgh, Highland Wildlife Park, Rotterdam, Twycross, Chester (1 visit only per year), Marwell Wildlife (1 visit only per year), Newquay (1 visit only per year), Living Coasts (1 visit only per year) and Paignton (1 visit only per year). Other zoos may choose to join or withdraw from the scheme at any time as this is not controlled by Colchester Zoo.
• Colchester Zoo offers a discount for purchasing 4 or more passes in the same transaction. This is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
• Zoo Passes cannot be used in conjunction with vouchers or any other offer or discount.
• Visitors upgrading admission tickets to a Zoo Pass must have their own admission ticket. Another person’s entry ticket cannot be used.
• Zoo Passes cannot be purchased with Tesco Deals Vouchers.
• To qualify for the Zoo Pass exclusive price on selected animal experiences, a valid Zoo Pass is required for the participant.
• The Zoo Pass discount in catering facilities and gift shops is not valid in conjunction with any other offer and selected items may be excluded from the offer. The discount is only given when a valid Zoo Pass is shown to the cashier OR a Zoo Pass holder wristband for a personal assistant.
• 20% off catering in Penguini’s and Southern Kitchen will be applied when the minimum spend of £15.00 has been met and a valid Zoo Pass ID has been shown.
• 25% friends and family discount applies to standard admission costs ONLY and is only available on the day of your visit. This will be applied when a passholder is present and shows their valid Gold Pass ID card. Up to 2 guests receive this discount per passholder, per day. Anyone found to be abusing this will have this benefit removed. Queuing may be necessary to receive this discount as Fast Track is not available to accompanying guests. Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, or on secondary attractions including but not limited to Fright Night wristbands, Santa Experience tickets & Child Christmas combo tickets. Payment of remaining admission price must be made via cash or card. Platinum Passes are not entitled to this offer.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to discount the cost of Zoo Passes without having to refund existing Pass holders.
• We reserve the right to close shops and food outlets, where the Pass holder discount is valid, at any time.
• A consecutive renewal discount is offered to pass holders renewing their pass consecutively within 1 month of the Zoo Pass expiry date. The Zoo Pass will be dated 1 year from the date of previous expiry. This is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
• Personal assistants can book experiences on behalf of a guest with disability with their permission. The Passholders discount will then be applied to the booking. The assistant will be admitted as support for the Passholder during the experience but the assistant will not be ‘participating’ in the experience unless full price is paid to participate.
Colchester Zoo reserves the right to terminate any discounts to passholders at any time.
Platinum Passes are no longer offered for sale. The following terms still apply to existing Platinum Pass holders
• Colchester Zoo Complimentary day tickets are issued in good faith.
• Complimentary day tickets have no monetary value and therefore cannot be resold or refunded.
• If persons are found to be reselling complimentary day tickets; the tickets will be invalidated, any discount for a consecutive renewal withheld and the individual’s Zoo Pass blocked from use for a minimum period of one month with a chargeable fine for release of the Zoo Pass. Further action will also be taken if senior management deem necessary.
• Complimentary Platinum day tickets cannot be extended or replaced if lost or stolen. Please keep them safe.
• You have 14 days to change your mind about your purchase. There would be an administration fee per card to cancel within these 14 days. As soon as your pass has been used you are no longer entitled to a refund even if it is within 14 days of purchase.
• Payment for passes is taken when you enter your card details and your pass is valid from the day that it is processed.
• Any refunds issued will only be made to the purchaser.
• All standard entry conditions also apply to Zoo Pass holders.
• Zoo passes remain the property of Colchester Zoo.
• In extreme circumstances, such as a pandemic, entrance for Zoo Passholders may be restricted & booking prior to arrival at the zoo may be required. Colchester Zoo reserves the right to enforce these changes without prior notice.
• Any Zoo Passholders found to be misusing their benefits causing a detrimental effect to Colchester Zoo will be penalised as necessary. This may result in a suspension of your Zoo Pass.
• Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification and apply to all Zoo Pass holders. Up to date terms and conditions can be found at www.colchesterzoo.org
Details correct at time of publishing. March 2019.