Closing date: 28th February 2024
Location: Colchester Zoo
Employment type: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Introduction to the Department
As part of our Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for the routine plumbing repair and installation of a number of systems around the Zoo. This includes various filtration systems; drainage and heating appliances; and water services in commercial premises and animal enclosures.
- Install; service and maintain various filtration systems; bio mass boilers; oil fired boiler systems
- Carry out routine plumbing maintenance, repair and installation of; sanitary, drainage, heating appliances and hot and cold water services in commercial premises; animal enclosures and some domestic properties
- Proven knowledge of bio mass heating systems
- Gas Safe/OFTEC registered desirable but not essential
- Plumbing and Heating NVQ Level 3 with 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- FulVclean driving licence
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data and drawings, and instructions
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Highly organised and motivated
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
The position is full time, working 5 days per week, Monday-Friday, with availability to be on call at weekends and bank holidays on a rotation basis.
- FREE Zoo visits*
- FREE onsite parking
- Work place pension scheme
- Staff events
- Discounts on Animal Adoptions, Zoo Passes and Animal Experiences*
- Discounts in the Outpost Gift Shop*
- Discounts in food outlets
- 28 days annual leave (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Uniform provided
- Regular training
*Benefits dependent on probation period.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the Application Form below and send the completed form along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org