Terms & Conditions
We hope that you have a frightfully good time during The Trail of Terror event. There are just a few terms & conditions you need to be aware of before your visit.
There are 7 dates available:
13th October 2023
14th October 2023
20th October 2023
21st October 2023
25th October 2023
27th October 2023
28th October 2023
Please be aware that our standard entry t&cs also apply and that all T&Cs are subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that tickets are non-refundable, do bear this in mind when deciding if this event is suitable for everyone in your group.
From 5.00pm Colchester Zoo will close and day guests will leave the zoo. The Trail of Terror event will open at 6.30pm, for guests with an allocated time slot. All those wishing to take part will be required to pre-book their entry to this event online in advance, entry to our evening events cannot be purchased on the day.
Time slots for these events are available to book every 15 minutes from 6.30pm, the final entry slot may vary each evening depending on demand.
Due to the nature of this event, we do not recommend this for anyone under the age of 12yrs however this is at guardians’ discretion. We will not admit anyone under the age of 5yrs. Please also be aware that due to the unpredictable nature of the trail, this event may not be suitable for some people with sensory or other specific needs.
Under 16yrs must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 16 yrs at all times whilst in the park. Unaccompanied persons under 16 yrs will not be admitted.
Please note that Tesco Partner Reward Codes, Zoo Passes, complimentary tickets, vouchers, or any other discounts are NOT valid for admission to The Trail of Terror. An admission ticket for this event will need to be purchased for each person who wishes to participate.
If an assistant is required, they will be admitted to the event but you will need to select this upon booking. However, the assistant will not qualify for the combi ticket discount unless they are attending the event as a paid guest.
Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited with the zoo grounds. Please only use our designated smoking area located outside of the zoo’s main entrance.
Admission to this event cannot be used to upgrade to a Zoo Pass. Our Guest Services office and The Outpost gift shop will also be closed during this event.
Once you have entered The Trail of Terror there will be no re-entry facility.
Admission to this event is non-refundable. Please bear this in mind when deciding if this event is suitable for everyone in your group.
- Food and Drink voucher can be exchanged for food or drink in our catering outlets.
- Food and Drink voucher must be presented at the time of purchase. Screen shots of the voucher will not be accepted.
- Food and Drink voucher is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other product.
- Food and Drink voucher can be used towards the purchase of goods at a higher price than its face value, upon payment of the difference.
- Food and Drink voucher can be used multiple times until the full balance has been redeemed. Any unused balance cannot be returned or refunded.
- The cash value of the voucher is £0.000001p.
- Colchester Zoo is under no liability to replace or refund vouchers that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whether they have been redeemed of not.
- Food and Drink voucher is redeemable only at Colchester Zoo and cannot be used online.
- Food and Drink voucher cannot be redeemed against My Moments products.
- Food and Drink voucher is only valid on the chosen date of entry into The Trail of Terror and cannot be used on any other date.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to refuse monetary gift vouchers for various products without prior notice.
During the Trail
The Trail of Terror consists of a marked route which you will be asked to follow, this is one way and you are not able to turn back. If you would like to see the animals of Colchester Zoo, The Trail of Terror is not the event for you and instead, we recommend joining us during the day.
Throughout The Trail of Terror there will be loud noises, sudden movements and special effects that may be too intense for some people and in particular children.
You will be passing through dimly lit areas, buildings and woodland type areas where sudden scares and unsettling encounters could happen at anytime and anywhere!
You may experience the following throughout your visit with the exception of ‘Safe Zones’ only:
- Fog and strobe effects
- Jolts and sudden movements
- Spiders and other creepy critters
- Loud noises
- Enclosed spaces
- Fire may also be used by our actors
- Uneven ground
Please Note: The photo point in the last Safe Zone by the main stage may also use special effects, with jolts and loud noises.
You are advised NOT to take part in the Trail of Terror if you:
- Are of a frail or nervous disposition
- An expectant mother
- Have medical conditions that may be affected e.g. Heart conditions, epilepsy, phobias etc
- Are under the age of 12 yrs of age.
Colchester Zoo’s car park is free of charge and staff will be on hand to direct you. Please be aware that due to the number of visitors for these events queuing may be necessary on arrival and on leaving the park so please do factor this in to arrive on time for your slot.
Colchester Zoo promotes a no-smoking policy. We ask all visitors not to smoke or vape inside the Zoo grounds.
Colchester Zoo management reserves the right to close all or any part of the event as necessary without prior notice.
All terms and conditions, activities, dates and times are subject to change without notice.