Please read the following terms and conditions which apply to all Gold and Platinum Passes:
• A Zoo Pass is valid for as many visits as required from date of processing for two years with a Platinum Pass and one year with a Gold Pass subject to the normal terms and conditions of entry.
• Colchester Zoo Passes are issued to an individual and are only valid when they contain a photograph of the holder.
• Child Passholders must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst on the premises. Children under the age of 15yrs will not be admitted entry without an adult/guardian over the age of 18yrs.
• During late night openings children under the age of 15yrs must be accompanied by an adult/guardian over the age of 18yrs. Unaccompanied children under 15yrs will not be admitted.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to contact adult/guardian to collect under 15s who are unsupervised
• The fast track facility is only available to valid Zoo Passholders and is only open at Colchester Zoo’s discretion.
• Family and friends cannot be fast tracked or allowed free admission with Zoo Passholders and must queue and pay for admission.
• Colchester Zoo may reserve the right to refuse entry to a Zoo Passholder even if the Zoo Pass is valid.
• Colchester Zoo will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff and operates a complete zero tolerance policy. Any Zoo Passholders behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or told to leave the park, immediately.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to close all or part of the zoo as necessary.
• Displays or rides can be temporarily withdrawn without notice due to animal sickness or other unforeseen circumstances.
• We reserve the right to limit access to popular events within the zoo to just one visit.
Zoo Pass Exclusions
• Colchester Zoo will charge a supplement to passholders for entry to secondary attractions included within special events such as, but not limited to, Fright Nights and The Magic of Christmas. This supplement will be advertised on event information.
• Zoo Passholders are subject to additional charges for special events as specified by Colchester Zoo.
• As Colchester Zoo is closed on Christmas Day access will not be granted to Zoo Passholders.
• Entry to secondary attractions during Shriek Week are free of charge, however, a supplement will be charged for secondary attractions during Fright Night events which commence from 17:00. See Fright Nights section below.
• From 17:00 visitors and passholders will be required to show a wristband to gain access to secondary attractions which include; The Haunted Mansion, All Saints Church, Train of Terror, Kalahari Theatre and Off the Beaten Track.
• Wristbands will be available to purchase online, at the entrance, Guest Services and stations within the park.
• The wristbands will be a flat rate of £5.00 for all ages 3yrs and above. A discounted rate for disabled and carers will be available at £2.50 each, ID will be required.
• This wristband will be available at a reduced cost online if you purchase it at least 24hrs in advance of your visit.
• Visitors and zoo passholders without a wristband will not be granted entry to secondary attractions after 17:00, however the Zoo grounds will remain accessible.
•During Fright Nights children under the age of 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult/guardian over the age of 18yrs. Unaccompanied children under 16yrs will not be admitted.
Magic of Christmas
• Entrance to Colchester Zoo on a Magic of Christmas day is included within your Zoo Pass.
• Child Zoo Passholders will be required to have a Santa Experience Ticket to journey through the Santa Experience and meet Father Christmas.
• This ticket can be purchased online, at the entrance or at Guest Services.
• Tickets will be available at a reduced cost online if you purchase them at least 24hrs in advance of your visit.
• Any children without a Santa Experience Ticket will not be granted entry through Santa’s Grotto Experience.
Zoo Pass Usage
• A valid Zoo Pass must be physically shown in order to enter Colchester Zoo or admission will be charged, which is non-refundable. Photocopies or photos of cards will not be accepted for entry.
• Any Zoo Pass found to be used fraudulently, will be confiscated.
• Any lost, defaced or spoiled passes must be replaced.
• Replacement or duplicate Zoo Passes are charged a non-refundable cost of £5.00 to cover additional administration and costs. If issued at the same time the £5.00 is a flat fee covering the number of Zoo Passes required. Payment and 24 hours’ notice is required in order to collect/use reissued Zoo Passes.
• Zoo passes cannot be cancelled, transferred or any outstanding validity refunded.
• Colchester Zoo offers a 5% discount for purchasing 3 or more passes in the same transaction. This is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
• Zoo Passes cannot be used in conjunction with vouchers or any other offer or discount.
• Visitors upgrading admission tickets to a Zoo Pass must have their own admission ticket. Another person’s entry ticket cannot be used.
• Zoo Passes cannot be purchased with Tesco Deals Vouchers.
• To qualify for the Zoo Pass discount on animal experiences, a valid Zoo Pass is required for the participant.
• The Zoo Pass discount in catering facilities and gift shops is not valid in conjunction with any other offer and selected items may be excluded from the offer.
• Colchester Zoo reserves the right to discount the cost of Zoo Passes without having to refund existing holders.
• We reserve the right to close food outlets, where the passholder discount is valid, at any time.
Access to other named zoos
• Use of Colchester Zoo Passes at other named zoos is restricted to free admission only. Participating zoos are Belfast, Bristol, Dublin, Edinburgh, Highland Wildlife Park, Rotterdam, Twycross, Chester (1 visit only per year), Marwell Wildlife (1 visit only per year), Newquay (1 visit only per year), Living Coasts (1 visit only per year) and Paignton (1 visit only per year). Other zoos may choose to join or withdraw from the scheme at any time as this is not controlled by Colchester Zoo.
• Complimentary Platinum day tickets cannot be extended or replaced if lost or stolen. Please keep them safe.
• Complimentary entries issued to Platinum Passholders have no monetary value and cannot be refunded or resold.
• Complimentary entries will be invalidated if resold to third parties.
Carer Zoo Passes
• Only one Carer Zoo Pass can be purchased per Disabled Zoo Pass.
• The Carer’s Zoo Pass must be valid for the same period as the Disabled Adult or Disabled Child, Zoo Pass.
• A Carer Zoo Pass must be purchased in the same transaction as a Disabled Adult or a Disabled Child Zoo Pass.
• It is not possible to issue a Carer Zoo Pass in a separate transaction as it is only valid when accompanying a Disabled Zoo Passholder and cannot be used alone.
• The Carer Zoo Pass must be scanned immediately after the Disabled Zoo Pass has been put through. If this does not happen the carer won’t be able to access the zoo.
• The Carer Zoo Pass is not transferable and can only be used by the person photographed.
• You have 14 days to change your mind about your purchase. If your pass card has been issued there would be an administration fee of £5 per card to cancel within 14 days. As soon as your pass has been used you are not entitled to a refund even if it is within 14 days of purchase.
• Payment for passes is taken when you enter your card details and your pass is valid from the day that it is processed.
• Any refunds issued will be made to the purchaser NOT the pass holder.
• All standard entry conditions also apply to this pass. Please check www.colchesterzoo.org
• Zoo passes remain the property of Colchester Zoo.
• The data you supply will only be used for the purpose intended and will not be passed onto any third parties.
• Details correct at time of publishing.
• Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification