Adoption Terms & Conditions
- Please note that it takes at least 48 hours to process an adoption and it is then sent out by post. Please allow sufficient time for this when you place your booking as there can be a delay in delivery of 5-7 working days.
- All animals adopted remain the property of Colchester Zoo which reserves the right to transfer them to other establishments, as may be necessary. In such an event, adopters will be offered alternative animals.
- All personalised adoptions are non-refundable unless there are exceptional circumstances which would be at Colchester Zoo’s absolute discretion. Refunds can only be made to the purchaser. If a refund is agreed a £20 fee (inc VAT will be charged)
- A £20 (inc 20% VAT) fee will be charged for changes to your booking at any time after the paperwork has been issued.
- Complimentary tickets do not qualify holders for a present from Santa in the Grotto at Christmas or entry to secondary attractions.
- No monetary value is attached to Complimentary tickets and they are not for resale. Any found to be resold will be invalidated.
- Adoptions are not exclusively available for any animal. Animal adoption photographs are of the species that has been adopted not of a specific animal.
With certain species that are particularly hard to photograph we do reserve the right to use a library shot.
- Please allow up to two weeks for your adoption to be processed and up to 4 weeks for a plaque to be put on an animal’s enclosure.
- Adoptions are valid for a period of one year from the chosen start date.
- All animals adopted remain the property of Colchester Zoo.
- All adoptions are subject to change if circumstances dictate.
- The data you supply will only be used for the purposes intended and not passed to any third parties.
- Discounts for Zoo Passholders or for those renewing adoptions are no longer available.
- Additional costs such as postage may be charged for the delivery of the Adoption Gift Box.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification.