We operate in a business which is seasonal and employs many young people in the summer months.
Our calculations reveal that we employ nearly twice as many females as males. Whilst we can confidently say that men and women have equal pay for equal work at Colchester Zoo, we recognise the need for action in eliminating the gender pay gap.
Our gender pay gap is a result of twice the number of females employed in the summer seasonal trade in the lower quartile and a significant number of skilled construction full time workers in our maintenance crew in the upper quartile.
We are currently working on various strategies to address the gender pay gap both in the short and medium term.
Below outlines the figures as at April 2021;
- The mean gender pay gap is 13%
- The median gender pay gap is 10%
- The mean bonus gender pay gap is 0%
- The median bonus gender pay gap is 0%
- The proportion of males receiving a bonus is 0%
- The proportion of females receiving a bonus is 0%
- The proportion of males and females in each quartile pay band are demonstrated in the graphs below: