We know that Colchester Zoo holds a special place in many peoples hearts and their wish has been to have their ashes scattered here at the Zoo therefore we have put together a package which allows family and friends to help fulfill this wish for them.
Colchester Zoo is a wonderful place to visit to reflect and share cherished memories of those who are no longer with us with family and friends.
For a minimum of £500.00 you can arrange for the scattering of ashes here at Colchester Zoo and share the moment with close family and friends.
Ash Scattering includes:
- Exclusive early morning access for up to 10 people.
- Zoo Host to greet and guide you to the location agreed
- Light morning refreshments including a hot drink and pastry per person.
- Admission to spend the rest of the day at the Zoo.
On the date of your visit you will be greeted by a dedicated Zoo Host who will guide you to your agreed location. After the ash scattering, light refreshments will be served in our main restaurant and you will then be able to enjoy the rest of your day at the Zoo.
Your support helps provide vital funds for the upkeep of animal enclosures, animal food and veterinary costs.
If you are interested in ash scattering here at Colchester Zoo, please fill in our enquiry form below and a member of our friendly team will be in touch. Terms and conditions apply please see terms below.
If you feel Colchester Zoo is the perfect place to remember a loved one you can also dedicate a bench in memory of a loved one with a personalised plaque. For more information on sponsoring a memorial bench please click here.
For further information please contact our experiences department on 01206 331292 ext. 462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please advise at the time of booking if anyone visiting has additional requirements including disability, pregnancy, diet or immune suppression.
• All visitors under the age of 18yrs must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18yrs old.
• We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals however, this may affect your visit.
• Ashes can only be scattered in designated areas of the zoo’s grounds as agreed upon enquiry due to risk of contamination of animals or plants.
• Unauthorised ash scattering is not permitted.
• As Colchester Zoo is constantly developing, we cannot guarantee that you will always have access to the same location in the zoo to which you have chosen to scatter ashes. We also cannot guarantee that the area you choose will always look the same or used for the same purpose.
• We require notice of up to two weeks to process your request.
• The data you supply will only be used for the purposes intended and not passes to any third parties.
• Discounts for Zoo Passholders are not available.
• Standard entry terms and conditions apply.
• Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification.