Valentine’s Day see’s people all over the world celebrating their love for one another and here at Colchester Zoo we’re celebrating the love of our animals! Looking at the top 5 couples here at Colchester Zoo you can see just how committed they are to one another!
Pippa and Robbie
- This couple have a huge family which is run by Pippa with Robbie at her side, they have had over 20 litters and are still going strong after 7 years together!
Kong Kea and Chea
- This pair became a couple in 2008, 2 years before moving to Colchester Zoo. They have remained together and live with their family at Otter Creek; they continue to successfully breed having had 10 young and are one of our most playful families.
Anoushka and Igor
- Our Amur tigers moved in together at Tiger Valley in 2006 and although they are not a breeding pair they are inseparable, even if Igor
gets rather protective of his food at dinner time!
Tequila and Boomerang
- These two have worked hard, over the 3 years that they’ve been a couple, to incubate and raise 3 chicks together! They show great team work in keeping each other well fed and making sure their young learn to swim before fledging the nest.
Jack and Sia
- Our newest pairing, Jack and Sia, began dating just 6 months ago and although they’re still at the early stages of their relationship all signs point to a pairing which will last for years to come, and who knows we might hear the pitter patter of tiny paws in the future!