Posted January 6, 2023 in News
Are you a budding poet that loves Colchester Zoo? We want to hear from you!
2023 is a BIG year for Colchester Zoo as we celebrate our 60th anniversary!
Throughout the year, we are celebrating the history of Colchester Zoo and looking ahead to the future. We’ve planned a variety of celebratory birthday events with special guest appearances and have also introduced some exclusive merchandise.
We are currently working on a limited-edition Souvenir Guide which is due out this Spring and would love to include a special poem written by one of our loyal visitors.
Our visitors are so important to the future of the zoo and have helped us to get to where we are now. That’s why we want to offer you the opportunity to be involved with our limited-edition Souvenir Guide!
We invite you to share your happiest memories of Colchester Zoo from the last 60 years with a poem to commemorate this significant milestone. Whether you enjoy walks in our beautiful gardens, lunch with friends, visits to our special events or simply love a full day out at the zoo and all the important conservation work we support, we would love to hear from you! All poems submitted will be read by the management team here at Colchester Zoo and the winning poem will be published in our 60th anniversary Souvenir Guide!
Please send your poem to email@example.com by Friday 27th January 2023 to be in with a chance of winning!
Terms and Conditions
• Poems must be a minimum of 350 words and a maximum of 380 words in length.
• All poems must be sent as a Microsoft Word or Google Document File.
• Any entrants under the age of 18 must have parental/guardians permission to enter.
• On entry, please supply first names and age along with full contact details. If the entrant is under the age of 18, please provide contact details for guardian.
• On submission of your poem you grant permission for Colchester Zoo to use the material in perpetuity and assign rights to Colchester Zoo to publish content as desired.
• Competition closes on Friday 27th January 2023.