Terms and Conditions of Entry
Safety First! Click here to read all safety measures in place.
Individuals non-adherence of safety measures will result in the individual being told to leave the park immediately without any refund being given.Please read all the safety measures in place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit,
- Cars are parked in the Colchester Zoo car park at their owners own risk and Colchester Zoo cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to vehicles, their contents or persons.
- Visitors upgrading admission tickets to a Zoo Pass must have their own admission ticket for upgrading. Another person’s entry ticket cannot be used.
- Zoo Passholders cannot gain admission to the park without their valid pass.
- Children aged 15 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times whilst inside the park.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to request proof of age to ensure the correct ticket type is purchased.
- Safety measures are to be adhered to at all times.
- Bicycles, scooters, children’s cars, skate boards, roller blades, or roller skates are not permitted within Colchester Zoo. Three wheeled trikes are allowed only the condition that they are used like a buggy and the child does not propel themselves. Visitors use trikes at their own risk, take full responsibility for steering them and will be required to sign a disclaimer to confirm that they will be used safely.
- Footballs and other ball games are not permitted within the Zoo.
- Please note that no dogs are allowed into the park, with the exception of Registered Assistance Dogs. Any visits with Registered Assistance Dogs must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance. Find out more about visiting with an assistance dog on our website.
- Photography for commercial use is not permitted without the expressed permission of Colchester Zoo.
- Visitors are admitted on condition that, if requested to do so, they consent to security checks on themselves and/or their belongings. Management reserve the right to confiscate any item deemed as unsuitable or unsafe for use within Colchester Zoo.
- Colchester Zoo will not tolerate physical or verbal threats towards its staff and operate a complete zero tolerance policy. Any visitors behaving inappropriately will be denied access to, or told to leave the park, immediately without refund being made.
- Colchester Zoo offers a day out which attracts families and children. We are committed to creating an environment which ensures all families and young people feel safe and secure that prevents risk from any form of harm or abuse. Acting reasonably at all times, we reserve the right to refuse admission, ban from entry, or remove any person whose behaviour may affect the safety of guests, staff or children by acting in an inappropriate manner.
- Please be aware that Colchester Zoo is protected by 24 hour C.C.T.V surveillance cameras and video recording.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to close any or all parts of the zoo as necessary. Displays and trains can be temporarily withdrawn without notice due to animal sickness, inclement weather, power failure or for any other reasons. Refunds cannot be offered under these circumstances.
- Non adherence of terms and conditions of entry will result in being told to leave the park immediately without any refund being given.
- Visitors with disabilities can be accompanied by one assistant free of charge upon request and when verification of disability is shown.
- Visitors who are visiting as a Zoo Passholder from a recipricol zoo must present their valid pass on the day of their visit otherwise full admission must be paid and is non refundable. We are currently unable to accept those visiting with other Zoo Passes.
- All admission for Colchester Zoo is non-refundable.
- Colchester Zoo reserves the right to update these entry terms & conditions at any time without notice.