Set your Sat Nav for CO3 0SL
How to get here by Car:
- Colchester Zoo is located just south of Colchester. Take the A1124 exit (Junction 26) off the main A12 following the brown elephant signs and using the new Stanway Western Bypass.
- From the M25: About 40 minutes from Junction 28 of the M25 to reach the A12
- From Southend: About 1 hour's journey, 40 miles using A127 and A130 to reach the A12
- From Hertfordshire: About 1 hour's journey – 50 miles using A414 or A120 to reach the A12
- From Stansted Airport: About 50 minutes journey, 30 miles using A120 to reach the A12. For car hire from Stansted Airport www.budget-stansted.com
- Colchester Zoo is situated on Maldon Road in Stanway.
- Car parking is free and disabled car parking spaces are available close to the zoo entrance. NB Blue badges must be displayed to use the disabled parking area
Please note that there are cycle racks provided at the top of the car parks, close to the Zoo entrance.
How to get here by Train:
Colchester Main Train Station can be reached from Liverpool Street services from London within in an hour or is easily reached along the Lowestoft or Norwich networks to Ipswich and then on to Colchester. Colchester Zoo is just 10 minutes by taxi or can be reached by bus. See details below.
How to get here by Bus:
Main Bus Services
All bus services to Colchester Bus Station regularly connect with the Eastern National 75 for Maldon or Tiptree and Colchester Zoo. On arrival at Colchester Bus Station look for Stand number 9.
You should alight in Head Street and catch one of the services listed above to travel back to North Station lay by from the front bus stop in Head Street (near the traffic lights).
Please click here to view details of the number 75 bus timetable on the FirstGroup website.
Please click here to visit the FirstGroup website to check ticket fares.
NORTH STATION TO COLCHESTER ZOO
After alighting from the Train, leave via the exit on platform 4, turn left and walk to the main road at the bottom. On your right are some traffic lights, which you should use to cross to the lay by bus stop on the opposite side of the road. Use service numbers 61, 65, 66, 67, 67A, 78 or 78A and alight in the main bus station (approx 10 minute journey), ask the driver if you are unsure.